Bursitis is inflammation of bursae – which are fluid-filled sacs that cushion the joints in the body. These sacs work as cushioning and gliding surfaces to reduce friction between joints. The major bursae are located adjoining the tendons near large joints such as knees, shoulders, hips, and elbows. The most common causes for bursitis are injury or overusing the joints.
Whether your condition is caused by work or an injury, you should rely on the Hurt 911 Injury Center for highly effective bursitis treatment in Atlanta. We are your trusted partner for effective treatments when you suffer from bursitis due to work-related overexertion of joints or joint injuries due to workplace or auto accidents. If bursitis occurs due to work-related overexertion of joints, our healthcare providers use the latest techniques to treat your condition.
Our expert team of doctors is dedicated to managing your case so that you receive the best care. When you choose Hurt 911, you have peace of mind knowing very well that your health is in the best hands.
Our team of experienced doctors, chiropractors, and physiotherapists in Atlanta will ensure that you receive the necessary medical attention you need. Call Hurt 911 Injury Center today at 855-475-2588 for highly effective bursitis treatment.
Table of Contents
What Are Some Causes of Bursitis?
Overexertion of joints or injury to the joints are the most common causes of bursitis. Bursitis is also associated with other issues such as infection, arthritis, tendonitis, gout, thyroid disease, and diabetes. Bursitis occurs in any bursa in the body. There are different types of bursitis depending on which joint is affected by the condition:
Retromalleolar Tendon Bursitis
This condition is also known as Albert disease. The condition is caused due to injuries to the lower part of the Achilles tendon or wearing shoes with rigid back support.
This condition is also known as trochanteric bursitis. It is a result of injury, overuse, arthritis, spinal abnormalities, or hip surgery.
Knee bursitis is also known as goosefoot bursitis or Pes Anserine bursitis. The condition occurs on the inside of the knee between the shinbone and the three tendons of the hamstring muscles.
This condition is caused due to the inflammation of the bursa located between the skin and bones of the elbow. Constant pressure and injury to the elbow can result in elbow bursitis.
What Are Some Risk Factors for Bursitis?
Some people are at higher risk for bursitis for reasons including:
- Occupation: Bursitis is common in workers that perform jobs that overexert the joints and involve repetitive tasks
- Aging: The functions of bursae in the joints decline with aging
- Health conditions: Diabetes, obesity, arthritis, and other illnesses that cause inflammation of the joints
- Sports activities: Participating in repetitive sports activities that exert the joints
- Injuries to the bursae and improper posture.
What Are the Symptoms of Bursitis?
The following are some of the most common symptoms of bursitis, however, each person may experience different symptoms depending on the severity of the condition:
- Localized tenderness
- Limited movements
- Swelling and redness close to the skin due to the inflamed bursae
- Chronic bursitis is associated with repeated attacks of pain, swelling, and tenderness
The symptoms of bursitis can resemble other medical conditions, and it is best to see a qualified healthcare provider to diagnose the condition properly.
How Is Bursitis Diagnosed?
Your healthcare provider will review your medical history and conduct a physical examination to diagnose the condition. On the other hand, there are many other tests that can be used to diagnose the condition. They include:
- X-ray: X-rays use invisible electromagnetic energy beams to take pictures of internal tissues and bones.
- Ultrasound: High-frequency sound waves are used to look at the internal organs.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): MRI uses large magnets, radiofrequency, and a computer to take pictures of the site.
- Aspiration: This procedure uses a thin needle to remove fluid from the swollen bursae.
- Blood tests: Blood tests are done to rule out any other condition.
What Is an Effective Bursitis Treatment?
Bursitis treatments depend on whether a joint infection is present or not. You can easily perform the R.I.C.E treatment at home. In fact, R.I.C.E stands for rest, ice, compression, and elevation. It helps reduce swelling and pain of the infected joints. Over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medications such as ibuprofen or aspirin help ease the pain.
You can perform all these remedies at home if the condition isn’t serious. But chronic bursitis requires immediate medical attention. Our team will diagnose the condition and recommend the best course of treatment.
Some of the most common bursitis medical treatments include:
- Antibiotics for septic bursitis where the bursa becomes infected with bacteria
- Corticosteroids are used to relieve pain, inflammation, and swelling
- Repeated aspiration of the infected fluid – your doctor will use a thin needle to take out the fluid from the affected joints
- Physical therapy – certain exercises are used to relieve the pain and other symptoms
- Splints or braces are used to limit movement of the affected joint
- Bursectomy – surgical drainage and removal of the infected bursa.
Even though bursitis isn’t always preventable, making some basic lifestyle changes can reduce your risk of developing bursitis and its symptoms.
Some of the lifestyle changes include:
- Maintain a healthy weight to prevent excess stress on the joints
- Take regular breaks when performing repetitive activities that involve the joints
- Perform exercises to strengthen the muscles surrounding the joints
- Make sure to warm up before performing strenuous workouts
- Maintain a proper posture when standing or sitting
- Immediately stop any activity if you experience pain in the joints.
What Types of Bursitis Treatments Do We Offer?
Hurt 911 offers highly effective bursitis treatment in Atlanta. Some of the most effective treatment methods we use include:
Chiropractic adjustments are some of the most effective treatments for bursitis. It can help reduce or even eliminate the pain and swelling caused by this condition. Our chiropractic doctors will pinpoint what activities and habits have caused the condition after a thorough examination. They will identify ways to help you get back to your normal way of life.
Our chiropractic methods help restore, maintain, and optimize human function and well-being. We combine chiropractic treatments with physical therapy and rehabilitation to help manage and relieve the discomfort and pain caused by bursitis.
Stretching and Strengthening Exercises
Stretching exercises are very important before performing any strenuous physical exercises. They help warm up the joints and prevent damage. Strengthening exercises help strengthen the muscles and tissues adjoining the bursae to protect the sacs.
Ultrasound therapy is commonly used to treat subacromial bursitis. It helps relieve the swelling and pain associated with the condition.
This is another effective treatment method we use to treat bursitis. Our team of highly experienced medical practitioners will use the most effective treatment method to treat your condition depending on which joint is affected.
How Can Our Offices Provide Information to Your Lawyer?
You may be able to file a workers’ comp claim if bursitis is due to work-related joint injury or a personal injury case if bursitis is from an injury. We will help you get the best treatment for your condition and, with your permission, provide medical information to your lawyer.
We can support the case by:
- Sending copies of your medical records to be used as evidence
- Presenting X-ray images and analysis on the severity of your bursitis
- Providing medical testimony on other issues about the case that we can speak on, such as how long treatment for your injury might take
- Providing medical invoices to prove the costs of your treatment at our facility
If you do not have a lawyer but are interested in building a workers’ comp or personal injury case, we may be able to refer you to an attorney in our network.
Contact Hurt 911 Today for the Best Bursitis Treatment in Atlanta
If you are suffering from bursitis, the medical team at Hurt 911 is here to help you. We will make sure that you receive the best bursitis treatment in Atlanta. We can help you reduce pain and information and improve your mobility. Our expert team of doctors is dedicated to managing your case so that you receive the best care.
Hurt 911 is your trusted partner in Atlanta, Georgia. Call Hurt 911 Injury Center today at 855-475-2588 for highly effective treatments for bursitis. When you choose Hurt 911, you have peace of mind knowing very well that your health is in the best hands.