Electric Scooter Accident Attorney in Decatur & Atlanta, GA
Once seen as a solution to quick travel in metropolitan cities across the United States, e-scooters gained popularity quickly, but the popularity has not been without consequences. Atlanta leads the nation in e-scooter fatalities with three deaths attributed toe-scooter riders. Like bicycles and motorcycles, e-scooters are particularly vulnerable as riders are fully exposed and risk extreme injury when involved in motor vehicle accidents.
Low visibility, crowded streets, and busy urban streets often lead to e-scooter accidents and even death. Since the possibility of severe injury is greatly enhanced on scooters, when you are involved in a car accident you need to know your rights, at 1800HURT911 we will assign an expert to address your e-scooter accident. We can provide the comprehensive services you need and schedule you with our preferred doctors at an office that is convenient to you and we will even assist you with transportation to and from the doctor when necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have been injured in a scooter accident:
- Remove your scooter out of the way. If this is not possible, get to a safe spot. Leave your scooter’s hazard lights on. Call a towing company
- Exchange information (such as name and contact and insurance details) with the other driver
- Call the police
- While help is on its way, assess your injuries and damage
- Talk to eyewitnesses. Document everything. Take pictures
- File a report
- Do not leave the accident scene until it is appropriate to do so
- Seek immediate medical help
- Hire a scooter accident attorney
Here are some tips for choosing a scooter injury lawyer:
- Ask friends or family members who were involved in a scooter accident recently for recommendations
- Search online for lawyers who specialize in your type of legal matter. Go through client testimonials and check reviews
- Interview potential candidates in their offices. Here are some questions to ask a scooter injury lawyer:
- Have you handled cases similar to mine?
- If I lose, will I be billed for case-related costs?
- Can you estimate how long my case will take to settle?
- How much is my case worth?
- What are your fees?
Scooter accident lawyers usually work on a contingent fee basis. If your lawyer utilizes a contingency fee arrangement, you will need to pay them only if they successfully handle your case. Contingency fee percentages usually range from 25-40 percent of the total recovery.
An adult may have the legal right to file a personal injury lawsuit if they were hurt in an e-scooter accident caused by another motorist’s negligence/an e-scooter rider or malfunctioning e-scooter parts. If a minor is involved in an e-scooter accident, they can bring a lawsuit through a parent or guardian.
Types of evidence presented in e-scooter accident cases are:
- Medical records
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert witness (such as an accident reconstruction expert) testimony
- Accident scene pictures and photographs of the vehicles involved
- Cell phone records
- Parts of the e-scooter or the e-scooter itself (in cases involving defective parts)
If you were injured in an e-scooter accident that wasn’t your fault, you can file a lawsuit against the wrongdoer, claiming compensation for:
- Medical (past and future) expenses
- Loss of wages
- Pain and suffering (both physical pain and mental anguish)
If you were involved in an electric scooter accident that wasn’t your fault, you can hold the other driver responsible. In cases involving defective parts, the e-scooter manufacturing company can be held liable for injuries. If an accident is caused by poor road conditions, the local or federal body responsible for constructing and maintaining roads can be held liable.