Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA | Best Decatur Bicycle Accident Lawyers & Law Firms in Atlanta, GA
As Metro Atlanta and urban communities encourage green alternatives to transportation, the popularity of bicycle riding is on the rise in not only metro Atlanta, but in major cities across the United States. According to the Atlanta Regional Commission, the number of collisions involving bicycles, motor vehicles, and pedestrians in the twenty-county metro region has risen sharply, from nearly 1,700 in 2006 to more than 2,500 in 2015, representing a 53% increase that continues to grow each year.
Data from the National Transportation Safety Board as of October of last year shows there were 857 bicycle deaths in 2019. Often bicycle riders are more vulnerable to injury and death as they do not have the protection afforded by cars, thus causing severe injuries and a greater potential for fatal injuries.
When you are involved in a bicycle accident you need to know your rights, at 1-800-HURT911 we are experts in bicycle accident injury. We can provide the comprehensive services you need. 1-800-HURT911 we will assign you the best attorney for your accident and schedule you with our preferred doctors at an office that is convenient to you and we will even assist you with transportation to and from the doctor when necessary.
With six major interstate highways, heavily traveled roads and growing urban centers, there is no reason to question why the south is home to more car accidents that any other region. In 2019 there were over 1000 fatalities on Georgia’s roadways and daily more than 1,720 drivers are involved in Georgia car accidents.
With the high occurrences of traffic accidents across Georgia, if you should find yourself in a car accident, call us for a free consultation so we can help you get the settlement you deserve. Never speak with the other driver’s insurance, because you just may give then an upper hand during negotiations or a potential lawsuit. It is important that your damages and injuries are fully assessed by an attorney if you are involved in a car accident.
Car accidents can happen to even the most careful drivers. While there is not much you can do to prevent an accident that’s not your fault, you can seek damages.
If you were injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, and are thinking to handle your own personal injury claim, think again!
Frequently Asked Questions
Hiring a bicycle accident attorney after a bicycle crash should be a priority, not an afterthought. A bicycle accident attorney has specialized experience handling bicycle accident cases. Your bicycle accident attorney will inform you of your rights and help you communicate with law enforcement authorities and your insurance company. The professional will walk you through the legal process. They will conduct an investigation, collect evidence (such as traffic camera video footage and bodycam footage), and interview eyewitnesses to build a strong case. Your bicycle accident attorney will advise you on how to proceed, negotiate with the insurance company, and will also represent you in a lawsuit.
If you are injured in a bicycle accident:
- Move out of traffic
- Assess your injuries and damages
- Call 911
- Obtain driver information such as their name, address and license number, make of the vehicle and insurance policy number
- While you wait for the arrival of EMS personnel and the police,document what happened
- Remember to get a copy of the report filed by the police
- Seek immediate medical attention (even if you do not feel any discomfort or pain). Remember, some injuries can go unnoticed. Plus, if you do not seek medical help immediately, your insurance company and the opposing party may try to downplay the seriousness of your injuries
- Be very careful when talking to the police and your insurance company. Do not reveal critical information
- Preserve evidence. Do not repair your bicycle. Preserve damaged clothing, if any, and do not wash it. Take photographs of the accident scene
- Hire an experienced bicycle accident lawyer
Georgia Statutes of Limitations gives personal injury victims two years from the date of injury to file their lawsuit.
Most bicycle accident attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning they get paid only if they win the case. Contingency fees usually range between 25 and 40 percent. The more complicated the case, the higher the contingency fee. Many lawyers bill their clients for case-related expenses such as expertwitness fees, deposition costs, investigation costs, and court costs, even if they lose their case.
Yes. To have a strong case, you will will need to establish the following things:
- The driver acted negligently. A driver is said to be negligent if –
- The cyclist was driving in a bike lane, and the driver drifted into their lane
- They jumped a red light and struck the cyclist
- Tailgated the cyclist causing them to lose balance
- Opened the door without checking their mirror, striking the cyclist following their car
- They turned without checking rear-view mirror for cyclists
- The driver’s negligence caused the crash
- You were injured due to the driver’s negligence
If you were injured in a hit and run collision:
- Get to a safe spot
- Assess your injuries and damages
- Talk to eyewitnesses. Check if anyone remembers the vehicle’s model, make, and license plate number
- Call the police
If you were injured in an accident caused by poor road conditions, you can sue the state, local, and federal government agencies responsible for road construction and maintenance. To hold a government agency responsible, you must prove that:
- The agency failed to care for the roadway properly
- The body failed to act on its obligation to rectify known hazards, or
- It failed to notify drivers of the hazard