Drivers, motorcyclists, and bicyclists have caused many accidents in Georgia. These collisions have resulted in severe personal injuries for drivers, motorcycle riders, passengers, and pedestrians. Operating a vehicle or motorcycle is a serious activity.
Every driver or motorcycle rider aims to arrive at their destination safely. However, they must take due care when on the road and follow traffic rules and regulations for this to happen.
This article discusses safety tips for car drivers and motorcycle riders. If you have been involved in an accident while driving or riding in Georgia, visit one of our injury centers immediately. At Hurt911 Injury Centers, we offer personalized care to patients with injuries.
What Are Safety Tips?
Safety tips are guidelines to be followed in order to reduce or eliminate danger or injury. While it does not guarantee protection, it goes a long way in preventing avoidable accidents. The safety of road users, including drivers, motorcyclists, and pedestrians, is paramount, given the high rising number of accidents. Therefore, road users should familiarise themselves with traffic laws and safety guidelines for their well-being and others.
Safety Tips for Motor Vehicle Drivers
Georgia traffic laws cover many aspects of driving a motor vehicle. However, the laws cannot regulate every driving situation in the state. As such, the onus is on road users to prioritize safety.
Some safety tips to follow are:
- Familiarise yourself with Georgia’s local traffic laws
- Make sure every person in the car has their seat belt on
- Slow down when approaching a curve
- Maintain the posted speed limits
- Avoid following too closely to other vehicles and keep out of blind spots
- Avoid driving when impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Do not use designated bike lanes for parking or turning
- Ensure your vehicle is in prime condition
- Use care when passing cyclists, provide some feet for clearance
- Yield the right of way to pedestrians
- Avoid any form of distracting behaviors, such as calling and texting, adjusting music players, etc.
Safety Tips for Motorcyclists
In Georgia, motorcycles are considered vehicles. Hence, they are subject to traffic laws that apply to vehicles. Riding a motorcycle is regarded as a fun activity. Unfortunately, motorcycles are prone to accidents resulting in several injuries and fatalities. Even a low-speed motorcycle crash can cause severe injuries.
These safety tips can help motorcycle riders protect themselves and others while riding:
- Obey all traffic laws and signals in Georgia
- Do not wear headphones and earbuds while riding
- Wear protective gears and motorcycle helmets with the United States Department of Transportation sticker
- Avoid splitting in and out of traffic and take turns slowly
- Avoid riding a motorcycle when impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Always avoid distractions while riding, especially at intersections
- Avoid blind spots
- Maintain a safe distance between your motorcycle and other vehicles
- Inspect your motorcycle before riding it and carry out routine maintenance
Common Causes of Motor Vehicle or Motorcycle Accidents
Various factors can cause a motor vehicle or motorcycle accident in Georgia. These are:
- Disobeying local traffic laws
- Driving or riding under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving or riding
- Reckless and negligent driving or riding
- Driving with a defective vehicle or motorcycle
- Weather conditions
- Unsafe or illegal speed
- Inexperienced driving or riding
Types of Injuries Sustained in a Car or Motorcycle Crash
Many have lost their lives and loved ones due to negligence and reckless acts. Drivers and motorcycle riders injured in an accident can suffer life-threatening injuries resulting in costly medical bills. Some of these wounds include:
- Head injuries/traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Back injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Burn injuries
- Broken bones, etc.
Contact Hurt911 Injury Centers Today!
If you have been involved in an accident while driving or riding a motorcycle, visit Hurt911 Injury Centers for treatment immediately. We have extensive experience with all types of road traffic accidents. In addition, we utilize advanced diagnostic equipment to identify and treat your injuries effectively.
We have a team of specialists committed to providing crash victims with quality medical care. If someone else’s negligence caused your injuries, we have an excellent referral service that connects you with the best personal injury lawyers in Georgia. These lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they do not charge for their fees until they win.
Also, if you cannot afford your medical bills, we will treat you under a letter of protection from your lawyer and get our payment when you receive a settlement. We offer same-day appointments, so contact us today at 1-800-Hurt-911.